SOLVED My laptop runs FreeNAS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eemil84

Cadet
So amazingly this old Hp laptop runs FreeNAS. I was going to ask "Will my old laptop run FreeNAS?", and it runs.
Mindblown, right?

Cpu
2.1 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor P320
RAM
4 GB
HDD
250 GB

"NIC"
1 Gigabit maximum

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The system does not satisfy the minimum system requirements, so it may not work properly.

Yep just because it can do something doesn't mean it should be used. I mean I can use a car to open a can of tomatoes really really quickly. Could probably open a whole case of them before you can even get a can opener out but they will also be splattered all over the ground and possibly ruin a tire while I am at it.

So remember that if you use that laptop your data could go the way of those hypothetical cans of tomatoes. Do it at your own risk and don't cry if you have big issues later on.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yep just because it can do something doesn't mean it should be used. I mean I can use a car to open a can of tomatoes really really quickly. Could probably open a whole case of them before you can even get a can opener out but they will also be splattered all over the ground and possibly ruin a tire while I am at it.

So remember that if you use that laptop your data could go the way of those hypothetical cans of tomatoes. Do it at your own risk and don't cry if you have big issues later on.
What a metaphor... Add some blood-themed elements and you might win a prize in some social circles that hand out prizes for creative metaphors.

m0nkey_

MVP
You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn’t stop to think if you should :D

What a metaphor... Add some blood-themed elements and you might win a prize in some social circles that hand out prizes for creative metaphors.

Hmmmm and cut your finger off while trying to pull the metal fragments from the tire would solve that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.