Multiple rsync tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

roby84

Dabbler
Hello,
I need to rsync different folders of my Freenas to another machine so I need to create multiple rsync tasks (one for each folder). The problem is that if I set them to start at the same time only one rsync task will work, the others won't start at all. I would like them to start at the same time because I don't like to backup them at different times and also I don't know how long one task will take so that the next one can start.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

My Freenas version is 8.0.3.
Thank you.

Roberto

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Have you tried upgrading from your old version to the latest to see if its fixed in the latest version?

ProtoSD

MVP
Noobsauce is correct, I recall this was problem that has been fixed in a more recent version.

roby84

Dabbler
Thank you for your replies.

I was already planning an upgrade for the future.

But at the moment, would someone be so kind and make a test for me? :) Just to be sure it really works with the latest version.

Thank you.

Roberto

ProtoSD

MVP
I think you just need to get a spare flash drive, backup and restore your settings to the spare drive, upgrade the spare, and test it yourself. Then you know how to test it and nobody is stuck playing games to verify what you need to know.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I think you just need to get a spare flash drive, backup and restore your settings to the spare drive, upgrade the spare, and test it yourself. Then you know how to test it and nobody is stuck playing games to verify what you need to know.

+1.. You want to know, so you test it and let the forum know.

You will probably find rsync performance is not as great as you'll want.. but I guess you'll find out if its fast enough for you.

Milhouse

Guru
Alternatively just write a script that kicks off your rsync jobs, and schedule it with cron.

Status
Not open for further replies.