Multiple directory services on same implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanfreese

Cadet
I am the Tech Director for a school with a dual-platform environment. Our students and faculty have Macs that authenticate to Open Directory running on an OSX server and our administrative staff have Windows PCs that authenticate to Active Directory. I would like to use a single FreeNAS 8.0.1 implementation to serve AFP, NFS and CIFS(SMB) shares to both userbases. It looks like you can't configure Active Directory and LDAP authentication at the same time, though, because all of the file sharing services bind to both authentication systems. When I configure them both, whichever service is initialized first starts but the second one fails. Is there a way to use LDAP authentication for AFP and NFS and use Active Directory for CIFS?

Please excuse the cross-post with the SF forum.

seanfreese

Cadet
I'm still having trouble enabling both the LDAP and Active Directory services at the same time. Is this just impossible? The build I'm using is FreeNAS-8.0.1-RELEASE-amd64 (8081). Any insight would be most appreciated.

drdodge

Cadet
I would also like to be able to do this, I have AD successfully set up on one of my production freenas. I have been trying to get LDAP working on my backup system (no AD on that one), and following all the recommendations I can't even get the service to turn on! I have even updated to the latest 8.0.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.