Multipath disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash

Dabbler
Im having an Issue with my disks showing up as multipath/disk1 multipath/disk2 multipath/disk3 etc. Im not sure how to fix this, Iv tried doing a low level format on all the drives multiple times. Somehow I managed to get 4 of my drives in raidz2 and they work great. however now Im trying to add another 4 and I just cant get past the multipath.

Im currently using a areca 1882-ix-24 on a box running esxi. Its running the raid card in passthrough with 8 1.5TB drives connected, they all show up with the same info in smartctl,

Vendor: Seagate Product: ST31500341AS
Revision: R001
User Capacity: 1,500,301,910,016 bytes [1.50 TB]
Logical block size: 512 bytes
Rotation Rate: 10000 rpm
Logical Unit id: 0x001b4d2000000000
Serial number: XXXXXXXX
Device type: disk
Transport protocol: Fibre channel (FCP-2)
Local Time is: Tue Jan 7 21:19:06 2014 PST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled
Temperature Warning: Disabled or Not Supported

all 8 disks show the same info with the exception of the serial number. Most of the info is wrong except product number, capacity, and serial number. I can get smartctl to pull up the correct info but im not sure as to how to get freenas to pull it up correctly.

Anyone have any helpful tips? Iv been googling and searching forums for hours and haven't been getting vary far. Thanks in advanced.

D

dlavigne

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing in the GUI?

Hash

Dabbler
Well, I fixed my issue. Im not really sure why it was happening but doing gmultipath destroy diskX fixed the problem. It still shows up on one of the disks everytime but luckily I only needed it on 3 of the 4 xD

It was just showing that 4 of my disks were degraded but active with multipaths I really dont understand how it happened but... thanks =]

okibcn

Cadet
It worked for me. I got these annoying multipath disks when using Hyper-V virtual SCSI drives in my testing environment. Thanks Hash

Status
Not open for further replies.