Moving to FreeNAS 8 and having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwalton4th

Cadet
I am moving my storage system to FreeNAS 8. Currently have one volume of two 1tb zfs striped to move data off of my old fileserver and free up space off a couple of 2tb mirrored drives so I can reuse them in freeNAS. After freeing up the mirrored drives, I installed them in my new freeNAS setup. I went to create another striped zfs volume with the two 2tb drives. The drives showed up as 1tb drives and not 2tb. Bios shows them as 2tb drives but FreeNAS 8 won't show them as 2tb. I went ahead and created a test volume with the drives. The volume would create but when I showed all volumes, the volume would report as in error.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm running a intel D945 mobo with 2gb RAM. I was running 8.0 release but upgraded to 8.01 beta2 in case that would fix the problem. It didn't. The drives are WD EARS and EADS green drives.

Thanks in advance

have you test the "auto import volum" ? but, if you want, and if you lost your data is not a problem you can delete your old mirror for remake a new zfs pool

Status
Not open for further replies.