Mounting FreeNas USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

curym

Cadet
The Mobo for my Freenas build has ran into some problems where the USB controller seems to cause Kernel panics (or something) whenever I try and boot from a USB port. As a temporary measure I've installed FreeNas on a SSD however I didn't have a backup on my Config file.

I was following this guide (https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/recover-freenas-configuration-from-os-drive.15426/) however when I attempt to mount the USB I get 'invalid arguement : /dev/da0p2'

I've been trying to mount the volume on a Ubuntu by importing it with zpool and set the mount directory to '/mnt/zfs' however the folder remains empty. I've tried doing the same on the SSD Freenas install with no luck.

I know that files exist in the pool as when I run 'zpool status' it warns me about a corrupt file lol.

What I am doing wrong?

curym

Cadet
I think I will now. Just annoyed me that I couldn't get it to work. :/

danb35

Hall of Famer
You have backups of your config file in your .system dataset. When it's mounted on FreeNAS, it's put at /var/db/system. Up to 30 are stored there, and a new one is created each time there's a configuration change. Find the last one before the USB died, copy that, upload it, and you're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.