mount point issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytejunkie

Cadet
i could do with some help on my first freenas install.

i've got a freenas box running ok, (hp microserver) and ive managed to install a jail and then minidlna plugin.

however i get no titles when trying to view my media. im 99% sure i've worked out why.

ive narrowed it down to my mount point and ive attached images of the mount. its not right, im trying to save my /usr path, but its prefixing it with a path that exists, but that i dont think is right.

i think there is a conf file somewhere that shouldn't have that path in as a prefix, but doesn anynoe know where? i cant change it via the gui as it adds that extra path in every time.

freenas.png freenas2.jpg

bytejunkie

Cadet
looks fine to me. did you create the mount point (mkdir /mnt/volume0/jail/.../media)?

I did get a little firther last night with it. I found a post with a link to youtube, but cant find it now, will add it in later.

basically, i was using the wrong setting for media directory under minidlna plugin settings. needed to be /usr/pbi/minidlna/MYmedia

then, i needed to shell in and create the MYmedia folder in both the original volume and under the jail.

then i needed to create the mount using the volume\MYmedia as the source and the /usr/pbi/minidlna/MYmedia as the destination.

the mount point would now mount.

unfortunately i cannot view any media files.

so i double checked where they were being served from and realised the new folder wasn't appearing on my laptop. a new afp share fixed that issue. i can now write and read from the share on my laptop, but the ps3 denies there being any media in that folder. and thats where im at currently.

i guess i need to read through a few of the "no titles" threads that i've seen and try and work out which of them has some relevant troubleshooting steps.

thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.