Most reports blank, TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.0.1

yandalorian

Cadet
Starting a new thread following from this thread https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/most-reports-are-blank-truenas-scale-22-12-1.108187/
I have similar problem. Disk temperatures are not showing in Cobia, it used to show in Bluefin

Code:
admin@truenas[~]$ sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Temp
190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0022   057   045   000    Old_age   Always       -       43 (Min/Max 40/45)
194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   043   055   000    Old_age   Always       -       43 (0 30 0 0 0)

disktemps are reporting.

I followed the previous thread to running
Code:
pgrep -fl rrdcached
pgrep -fl rrdcached

both returned nothing.
I only have 1 rrd-* directory

so i tried
Code:
admin@truenas[~]$ sudo service collectd stop
Failed to stop collectd.service: Unit collectd.service not loaded.

and thought oh that's my problem, so i tried to start it but..
Code:
admin@truenas[~]$ sudo service collectd start
Failed to start collectd.service: Unit collectd.service not found.

I guess that's my problem? How do I install collectd and rrdcached services?

Fatbird

Cadet
Just wanted to add that I'm facing the same issue. I remember that I did have reporting for a bit after upgrading, but now only the widgets report real time information for me with the reporting sections being blank for everything. Likewise, I running the collectd commands returned the same errors for me. I recently updated from Bluefin to Cobia.

I found this jira bug report that seems to be related to your issue though. Hopefully this is a bug that is fixed with 23.10.2.

NugentS

MVP
Hmm, my disk temps are working in reporting without any issue. On both working NAS's.
Running TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1

Fatbird

Cadet
Interesting, they are appearing for me too.

Turns out for some reason they just weren't showing up when I was using firefox (even with no extensions), but with chrome on the desktop or Safari on iOS reporting shows up fine.

billbillw

Dabbler
Seeing the same issue still. Firefox doesn't show the reporting graphs. Chrome does.

EDIT: Duh, turned off uBlock Origin for Truenas.local and now the reporting works in Firefox.