More disks then are in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RvdKraats

Dabbler
Hey guys,

can someone explain this, while i have only 4 disks?

Code:
Name

Serial

Description

Transfer Mode

HDD Standby

Advanced Power Management

Acoustic Level

Enable S.M.A.R.T.

S.M.A.R.T. extra options
    ada0    9VPB6PE1        Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    ada1    9VPB6P1K        Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    ada2    9VPB6P5E        Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    ada3    9VPB6P6P        Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    da0            Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    da1            Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    da2            Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true   
    da3            Auto    Always On    Disabled    Disabled    true

cyberjock

Inactive Account
How about you start with the stuff the forum rules require?

Just posting some text with no explanation won't get you anywhere except the ignore lists of various people.

RvdKraats

Dabbler
I apologize if I was a bit terse, it was impulsively posted somewhere between writing a few reports and preparing lunch for my kids.

I wasn't sure also that you needed more info to work with this problem.

Anyway, it's a HP XW4600, 8GB mem, 4x 1TB SATA Seagates in RAIDZ2, Core2Quad CPU, booting from internal USB port.
This 'feature' occurred when upgrading from 8.something to the last 8.x.x I was hoping it would dissappear when jumping to 9.1.0, but alas...

The machine only has 4 disks, and I don't understand why it reports 8 of them. In the beginning the machine went through an upgrade from 4x 400GB disks to 4x 1TB disks, which went without a hitch and didn't show any duplicate disks in the GUI. Now it apparently does.

I'm not sure however if i can just 'wipe' the serialnumber-less disks without putting my system in danger.

I was hoping someone would recognize this issue, and knows how to solve it? System runs fine and without problems, but it annoys me to see these non-existant disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.