Physical drives assigned to pool - no information available

Hello -

I have a TrueNAS system (v.12, updated)

Under FreeNAS, I had the ability to look at a pool and see what physical drives made up that pool. For the life of me, I haven't been able to find a way under TrueNAS 12 to examine a pool to determine what drives comprise the pool... Am I missing something, or is that option unavailable?

For example, under Disks, I see:

Name Serial Disk Size Pool

mfid1 18.19 TiB VolumeA

When I try the right arrow, I get:

Disk Type:​

UNKNOWN

Description:​

Model:​

N/A

Transfer Mode:​

Auto

Rotation Rate (RPM):​

N/A

HDD Standby:​

ALWAYS ON

Adv. Power Management:​

DISABLED

Acoustic Level:​

DISABLED

Enable S.M.A.R.T.:​

true

S.M.A.R.T. extra options:​

When I look at Edit for the pool, I get nothing that tells me the physical drives that make up this pool.

Any information would be helpful.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK; there are a few things to unpack there...

That looks like the kind of disk label that gets assigned by a RAID controller (https://www.truenas.com/community/t...s-and-why-cant-i-use-a-raid-controller.81931/)

I haven't been able to find a way under TrueNAS 12 to examine a pool to determine what drives comprise the pool... Am I missing something, or is that option unavailable?
Storage | Pools | Cogwheel to the right of the pool you want to know about | Status

For example, under Disks, I see:
If you insist on doing that in Disks view, you would sort by the "Pool" column (click on the word Pool at the top of the table of disks)

However, back to your problem of using a RAID controller and presenting a single disk to the OS... you will never see all those disks if they are behind a RAID controller (and you shouldn't be doing that... see the link above).

OK; there are a few things to unpack there...

That looks like the kind of disk label that gets assigned by a RAID controller (https://www.truenas.com/community/t...s-and-why-cant-i-use-a-raid-controller.81931/)

Storage | Pools | Cogwheel to the right of the pool you want to know about | Status

If you insist on doing that in Disks view, you would sort by the "Pool" column (click on the word Pool at the top of the table of disks)

However, back to your problem of using a RAID controller and presenting a single disk to the OS... you will never see all those disks if they are behind a RAID controller (and you shouldn't be doing that... see the link above).
The RAID Controller is set up so each drive is separate and distinct. In the past, this has worked and each drive was listed independently in the Pool. Following your suggestion about "Storage | Pools | Cogwheel to the right of the pool you want to know about | Status" does not show each of the drives in the pool - so you get no option to select a drive for replacement, reporting, etc.

sretalla