Mixed permissions on AD shares (Some FreeNAS and some from AD) and I get permission d

Status
Not open for further replies.

tefoster

Dabbler
Hi,

I apologize if this has already been answered but I've been searching and I can't find an answer. I somehow managed to mangle up all of my file permissions and I just want to start over with permissions. The root folder of all of my shares has an AD account (domain\username) and group (domain\domain admins) as the owner but all of the contents, including subfolders have guest (Unix Group\guest) and (FREENAS\username). The funny thing is that I can access some folders but others I get permission denied!

Can someone guide me to getting control of my files back? Ultimately I want Windows\NTFS permissions on all files and folders since I am familiar with that. Here is what I was trying to achieve before I messed everything up.

FreeNAS\FreeNAS -- tfoster\domain admins full control, no other access.
FreeNAS\My Media -- tfoster\domain admins full control, anyone on my wifi network read access.
FreeNAS\Users -- tfoster\domain admins full control, authenticated domain users can see\access thier own folder only.
FreeNAS\Source -- tfoster\domain admins full control, users in the developer group can read\write.

My first priority is getting access back to everything, I don't mind temporally opening everything up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

tefoster

Dabbler
...anybody... just some guidance Is all I need. I just need a starting point as to how to get back control of my files.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.