MiniDLNA freezes the System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgk

Dabbler
I've got a FreeNAS small system setup (Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo C - Pentium 4, 512MB RAM, 1TB SATA HDD, FreeNAS on 4GB CF card on IDE adaptor) and I run FreeNAS 8.3.1 on it. I managed to install Jails on it just fine, as well as the MiniDLNA plugin. Everything works fine for a while, but after some time the system freezes! And I have no access from the Web interface. I have to either attach an external keyboard and reboot the system (I have a permanent connection to my monitor which has RGB and DMI inputs, so I use RGB for the FreeNAS system), or, I must turn it off from the mains switch and turn it back on to get it working again. The filesystem used is necessarily UFS since I cannot use ZFS for lack of Memory (the system cannot have more than 2 GB of RAM anyway).
Any idea of what is wrong?

Also, I tried to install the rescnan (Scanmedia) script proposed by a user of this thread but when I issue the command "pkg_add -r wait_on" after I have entered the Jail with the command "jexec `jls jid` /bin/tcsh" as proposed, I get the following ERROR
Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.3-r elease/Latest/wait_on.tbz: No address record pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages- 8.3-release/Latest/wait_on.tbz' by URL

Any idea about this, also?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, you need more RAM. Most people find that 2GB of RAM is sufficient to prevent system crashes.

I'll warn you that some people have had their zpools corrupted because of improper shutdowns. You should seriously consider correcting this issue ASAP

There's a reason why I make so many references to RAM in my noobie presentation. I'm trying to prevent more people from losing their data. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.