Migrating whole Jails to new drive

FrancoisC

Dabbler
Good evening all,

I'm on FreeNAS-11.3-U3.

I bought two new drives and created a new pool "EVO970".
Original pool is called "EVO960".

I manage to do a replication and duplicate the entire pool. (from "EVO960" to "EVO970") using the Wizard.

I read these posts and look for several others:

I did follow most instructions but I would like to keep the name of my new pool.
Is there a way to simply move the system to use the two new drives without using zpool import/export commands?

After replication, I just did "iocage activate EVO970" in the shell, but both jails are marked as "CORRUPT".
I changed the "Pool for Plugin and Jail Storage" for EVO960 and it works flawlessly (but not on EVO970).

Could someone give me some hints onwhere to mention the Pool name has been changed?
Thank you very much all!

FrancoisC

Dabbler
I managed to make it work by simply modifying the fstab file

I really hope this is common/normal practice.

luckyal

Dabbler
I managed to make it work by simply modifying the fstab file

I really hope this is common/normal practice.
Hey thanks for this. I am going through right now and trying to edit fstab but I get Permission denied. Any ideas? I'm logged into TrueNAS as root.

sretalla