Migrate 9.10 to 9.11: Export volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svarto

Cadet
Hi All,

I would really appreciate some help / confirmation here. I want to move from 9.10 to 9.11 through a fresh install.

I have read the documentation on how to export volumes, but one thing is not clear to me. What does the "also delete the share's configuration" mean?

It is checked by default, does this delete my data on the device? Or will data only be deleted if I check the "Mark the disks as new (destroy data)" option? What are the configurations that are being deleted?

Apologies for maybe very simple questions, I just really don't want to lose my data and couldnt find an answer on the forum.

Thanks a lot for your help!

upload_2017-7-23_11-56-42.png

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you look at the message box it tells you. You have a share set up (cifs) on that pool. If you export it your shares will no longer work so a check in that box just deletes the share you set up instead of leaving an orphaned share around after a volume export.

melloa

Wizard

danb35

Hall of Famer
I want to move from 9.10 to 9.11 through a fresh install.
There is no 9.11, so I assume you mean 11 instead. But when you say "through a fresh install", do you mean you want to throw out your existing configuration and start over from scratch? Or just that you want to install FN11 to a fresh device, then upload your saved config file from your existing server? If the latter, there's no need to export the volumes at all, and I wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.