Medusa is removing all my tv shows...suddenly disappeared

thepixelgeek

Patron
Yesterday I noticed all my tv shows disappeared, so I rolled back to a slightly earlier snapshot. It was fixed, so I thought. However, this morning all my tv shows are gone again.

The only change I've made was to update Medusa. But not sure if that would cause the issues.

All tv show folder structure is in place but missing video files inside each folder.

I confirmed files are missing via FileZilla and Win10 networked drive.

The Media data set still says 7.82TiB. No decrease as one would expect with missing shows (~2TiB). Perhaps it's not linking/mapping properly?

I'm using Medusa > Sab > Plex.

Edit: My movies remain intact and are in the same dataset.

1635849825660.png

Last edited:

thepixelgeek

Patron
PlexMedia(movies/shows) is 7.76TiB. However, Movies is 6TiB, and Shows is zero.

1635856251377.png
1635856268812.png

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
By any chance, do you have a quota on your PlexMedia dataset?

thepixelgeek

Patron
Not sure, how do I check? I don't remember setting it.

thepixelgeek

Patron
1635860900168.png

thepixelgeek

Patron
Also, seeing this...
1635861119472.png

Samuel Tai

Hmm. So it doesn't look like a quota issue. Do you have snapshots on that dataset? That's probably where the used storage's value is coming from. You may be able to recover to an earlier snapshot. However, I'd look into whether your plug-ins had an unexpected interaction leading to the deletion. Is there a rogue find script that did a search and recursive delete?

thepixelgeek

Patron
I have snapshots. I used an earlier one that brought back all the videos. But then they disappeared again this morning.

I don't know of any rogue scripts. And keep in mind, the system has been fine without any interventions from me. I didn't adjust anything except running an update with Medusa.

@Samuel Tai How do I look into it further?

Samuel Tai

First, try stopping all 3 jails, and restoring from another snapshot. Does the deletion happen if there's nothing running against that dataset? Do you have any other jails mounting that dataset? Are there any cron jobs against that dataset? If the data stays stable, then restart just Plex, and checking again. Continue with the other jails one at a time, until you find which one causes the deletion.

thepixelgeek

Patron
I suspect it's Medusa, so I stopped that jail. Rolled back my PlexMedia.

Videos are showing up again. Plex is reading it.

Confirmed no cron jobs on that dataset.

Once I turned Medusa jail back on, my videos disappeared.

@Samuel Tai Appears as though Medusa is causing the deletion. How would you proceed?

Samuel Tai

OK, so this started with an update of Medusa? Can you roll back that jail to the earlier version that didn't delete your shows? If you can, you should submit a bug report with the Medusa developers. If you can't, then you'll need to destroy the Medusa jail.

thepixelgeek

Patron
OK, so this started with an update of Medusa? Can you roll back that jail to the earlier version that didn't delete your shows? If you can, you should submit a bug report with the Medusa developers. If you can't, then you'll need to destroy the Medusa jail.
I rolled back Medusa and confirmed it's an older version. However, my shows are not showing up.

thepixelgeek

Patron
I rolled back PlexMedia and shows are up again. Let's see if they disappear now after rolling back Medusa.

thepixelgeek

Patron
@Samuel Tai AFter submitting a ticket to Medusa devs, it appears it was a new update that caused the issue. It wasn't a bug though.

Apparently, nothing should be in the root. I'm not sure the below applies to mounting points?

1635881051962.png

and
1635881082985.png

1635882006652.png

thepixelgeek

Patron
And I can't seem to change the mounting point to a folder outside /root anyway.

Samuel Tai

You're confusing the jail root, which is the mount point for datasets outside the jail, for the Medusa shows root. In your case, it appears you used /mnt/Media/PlexMedia to appear as /media inside your Medusa jail, and used /media within Medusa for both the shows root and the post-processing folder. Is there any way to configure Medusa to use the jail's /tmp directory as the post-processing folder?

thepixelgeek

Patron
@Samuel Tai I'm not sure how to proceed. I followed many tutorials and mounted accordingly. That said, if it's wrong it's wrong. I want to learn and change it.

Over at Medusa, post-processing configuration states "folder where your download client (for me it's Sabnzb) puts completed tv downloads". I take that to mean where they live. In my case "PlexMedia>Shows".
1635891353397.png

I can move up two levels where I see tmp folder. Just not sure if that's correct.
1635891490380.png

Samuel Tai

Ah, I see. How about a new dataset for unprocessed media, and then the existing PlexMedia dataset is for processed media?

thepixelgeek

Patron
Ah, I see. How about a new dataset for unprocessed media, and then the existing PlexMedia dataset is for processed media?
My sab configuration has those temporary files. My assumption is that it uses that temp folder and then moves it to /media which mounts to PlexMedia/Shows...and Movies.

Doesn't Medusa send the file to Sab, and then Sab handles the processing?
1635892030101.png

I don't know what to do...should I have that Medusa mounting point? Should I change Medusa post-processing to /tmp folder?
1635892417228.png

thepixelgeek

Patron
@Samuel Tai I do have a "Downloads" dataset already. How do I use that then? If that's the correct way.