Map targets to FC port

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteffanCline

Dabbler
I have 4 Dell R610s with single port FC cards in each one connected directly to a Dell R710 with a 4 port FC card.

It's been working great but there is an issue with the way apparently I have the targets set up causing some trouble. I created a target for each one of the 610s. They all show up on each 610 but the the /dev/sdxx changes on each reboot or whatever of FreeNAS.

I have 1 target with 4 extents.

Is there a way to set it up so that I can map 1 target to each port so that it never changes?

Something like port 1->target 1, port 2-> target 2, port 3-> target 3 etc.

Last edited:

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
This functionality officially exists only in TrueNAS.

SteffanCline

Dabbler
Is there some other way under the hood (not in the GUI) to achieve this?

Last edited:

SteffanCline

Dabbler
When I followed that tutorial, I left the LUN set to auto. I changed the LUN to 0,1,2,3 (one for each volume to share with each server over FC) and rebooted the server a couple times. The 4 server seem to be remounting the volumes correctly. Is that a fluke or what I had wrong?

SteffanCline

Dabbler
It was a fluke. I had a power failure and when it came back up a couple of the mappings were off. Is there a way perhaps to lock it down where only a specific machine has access to a specific volume?

SteffanCline

Dabbler
I may have figured this out. I wonder if anyone can confirm if a file extent will ever change it's UUID.

If not, then this may be solved by using blkid to get the uuid and then include that in the fstab file. It survived a reboot of FreeNAS so far but not sure if it's a permanent fix.

Any feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.