Managed Switch is blocking nextcloud plugin from uploading pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roydub

Dabbler
I was given an HP Procurve 2910al-24g (J9145A) by a friend and it works great. But I've run into an issue when it comes to getting Nextcloud to upload photos and videos from mobile devices (Android and Iphone). With the default settings nothing from my mobile devices gets through, my computer can upload new photos and videos just fine so I don't think its a wifi thing.

If I go into port security and change "Learn Mode:" from "Continuous" to "Configured" this will fix the problem, though I have to manually type every mac address I want to have access to that port. That solution would be fine but the issue is if you change the port security setting to anything other than "Continuous" then I cant set up link aggregation.

Edit: Plex is the only other plugin I have running and it runs fine on everything (including mobile devices) regardless of what setting the port is in

any advice?

Is that the port facing your FreeNAS, or the port facing your access point/router? Port security is (among other things) frequently used to prevent MAC address flood attacks by limiting the number of MAC's that can be learned on a particular port. That works great for a workstation connected to a port, but not great for a switch or access point where you learn a bunch of different MAC's. If it is the port facing your access point, I would suggest you turn off port security or change the maximum number of learned MAC addresses to the maximum numbers of wireless clients you would like to allow. Then you could leave the port in learn mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.