MAC - "The Document 'test.txt' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beltz02

Dabbler
Good afternoon -

I am currently on the following Build:
FreeNAS-9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64

my windows based testing has been very successful, however, now I am moving over to the mac side and I'm having issues

Connect:
CIFS://IP

1) Users are able to copy files into the folders/shares
2) Once they copy they cannot make edits or save the file directly
- I can log in as the same user on the windows side and edit and save those files

The following Error Message appears in as I try to edit a text document and save it:
"The Document 'test.txt' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage"

beltz02

Dabbler
After further research this appears to be related to the program on the mac. For example, "TextEdit". If I open the same file with say LibreOffice there are no issues. I will work through all of the applications that we support to see if there are any other issues.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
After further research this appears to be related to the program on the mac. For example, "TextEdit". If I open the same file with say LibreOffice there are no issues. I will work through all of the applications that we support to see if there are any other issues.
Post the following:
  • Hardware specs
  • /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
  • output of "getfacl <file>" for file that is having problems
  • Version of OSX
Note that in OSX 10.7 apple introduced it's own custom versioning software that isn't compatible with network shares. See here: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203598

Status
Not open for further replies.