Lost ZFS pool no volume found. Can not resolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffNor

Cadet
PROBLEM

I moved my HDD's from one host to another. I used import volume which seems to be fine.

/mnt/data200g is a drive used for jails, configs etc ZFS single drive stripe
/mnt/massive is a 3TB used for data, media servers, CIFS, Time Capsule. single drive stripe

I had all the CIFS shares, time capsul, plex, and 3 jails working. I shutdown the system via the web interface and on power up I received a panic that the volume /mnt/massive could not be found and to recreate.

Sure thing the volume is marked as offline and I can not recover.

This was single drive not part of a RaidZ or RaidZ2 so it was stripe by itself.

zpool list shows onlthe data200g
zpool import -f F does nothing for /mnt/massive

Moving the drive back to the original host shows the same panic that this volume can not be found.

Is this data recoverable without spending anything?

option moving fwd if this drive was NTFS I could recover it on linux, windows etc. But my understanding I would not be able to use the NTFS drive as a CIFS share, time capsule etc as the disk import would convert it to UFS or ZFS ?

Advice ?

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No advice to give. As someone at iXsystem said a while back, they said something like "If you are going with ZFS and doing single-disk, you aren't doing any favors". So I don't know what to say. There isn't enough info to tell you what your options are. I'd go restore from backups though as you'll likely never get that pool to work again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.