Lost Pool since updating router

Iaing

Cadet
Hi!

Warning I'm new to Networking. Always keen to learn though.

I recently swapped out my ISP provided router to improve signal strength. I may have been optimistic and hoped that the Static IP would have worked on the new router. Better yet, when I realised I could plug into the old router and connect I should have created a backup/snapshot but that's why we learn!

I plugged back into my new router, hoping that I would be able to re-configure the static IP address - unfortunately when I pressed 1 to do this it didn't work. I then noticed "Reset Configuration to defaults" I assumed this would mean the IP address etc and pressed 8. My mistake. I can now access my NAS but my pools are missing - I haven't got as far as my other settings. It's not mission critical, 90% of the data is backed up elsewhere - but there's some that we found unexpectedly that I can't find any further back ups off that I would really like to retrieve.

I have tried to find help in the forum and come across the following commands which give me this:
zpool Status

Code:
  pool: boot-pool
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 00:00:27 with 0 errors on Sat Feb 19 19:45:27 2022
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        boot-pool   ONLINE       0     0     0
          ada0p2    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

zpool list:
Code:
NAME        SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
boot-pool   448G  1.44G   447G        -         -     0%     0%  1.00x    ONLINE  - 

zpool import:
Code:
# zpool import
   pool: Vault 0.1
     id: 13631882240467607633
  state: ONLINE
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
 config:

Vault 0.1                                       ONLINE
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE
            gptid/a73f2724-8a87-11ec-a9d0-902b34a3eb13  ONLINE
            gptid/a730836b-8a87-11ec-a9d0-902b34a3eb13  ONLINE
# zpool import Vault 0.1
cannot import 'Vault': no such pool available
# Zpool Import
# zpool import 13631882240467607633

When I try the Auto import way through the Web UI it doesn't find the pools to import. After I've done this I still have no pools found.

Any guidance or support will be really appreciated. Sorry re the computer specs in my sig - I don't know much more than that without dismantling my computer again

Iaing

Cadet
Sorry I noticed and error as I posted.
zpool list:
Code:
[~]# zpool list
NAME        SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
Vault 0.1   928G   119G   809G        -         -     0%    12%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
boot-pool   448G  1.44G   447G        -         -     0%     0%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
root@truenas[~]#

Vault 0.1 is the pool I'm trying to recover - so I know it's there I just can't view it.

hasore

Cadet
Did you try either:
Code:
zpool import 'Vault 0.1'

Code:
zpool import "Vault 0.1"

Iaing

Cadet
Hi hasore.

Thanks for your reply, turns out I missed the " " out (normally the simple things), though it's still not solved.
I tried zpool import "Vault 0.1" and it said the pool was already there and a message about renaming it - quickly checked my pools and it's not visible, came back to shell, tried the command again and it now says:

"No ports available to import" (next time I'll copy everything before I come off the page sorry)

Iaing

Cadet
So I've had another go at this after finding another similar thread and tried
zpool import -f "Vault 0.1" and I got the following (after listing pools):
Code:

Vault 0.1   928G   119G   809G        -         -     0%    12%  1.00x    ONLINE  -

[~]# zpool import -f "Vault 0.1"
cannot import 'Vault 0.1': a pool with that name already exists
use the form 'zpool import <pool | id> <newpool>' to give it a new name 

Does this mean I would type:
Code:
 zpool import <Vault 0.1> | id> <New pool name of my choice>

will this just change the name of it? Or will I loose the data on the drives? I'm starting to think data loss will be inevitable..