Lost permissions after file save

floger

Cadet
Hello. This is my first post. I hope I didn't miss any information about that problem. But it persists for years now and I couldn't find any information about it in the entirety of the internet.

Im running a HDD pool on six disks (ATA WDC WD40EFRX-68N) with an SLOG chach on an Intel Optane (NVMe INTEL SSDPE21K10). All connected to a Broadcom 9400-16i HBA.
Win10 and Win11 client access is via SMB.
This works flawlessly so far except for one issue: Whenever I save an existing file from CorelDraw or CorelPhotopaint it looses all of its permissions.
This happens consistently with Corel but with no other software (LibreOffice, DaVincy Resolve, Stinberg Cubase and Wavelab, Copying with Explorer or TotalCommander, ...). I can readd them with chmod. But after saving it the permissions are lost again.

It has to be noted, that Corel does some wired stuff like renaming or deleting the original file and storing a new one. At least as far as I can tell.
I changed the following settings with no success:
Pool:
- Sync: Always, Standard, Disabled
- ACL Mode: Restricted, Passthrough
SMB:
- Enable Alternate Data Streams
- Enable SMB2/3 Durable Handles
Windows clients:
- Disabled Defender
- Opened file via network path or drive letter

Clients are connected via 1GB, 10GB, WiFi.
TrueNAS is running on Proxmox. But TrueNAS has direct and solely access to the HBA. So there should be no issue.
Hardware:
- ASRock X470D4U2-2T
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (8 cores for TruNAS)
- 64GB of ECC memory (28 GB for TrueNAS)

I already updated to TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1 and upgraded the pools. Still the same issue.

Gerix

Cadet
Fixed it. I needed to recursively change the owners of all attached files and folders in the directory (I did it from Windows)

floger

Cadet
Sorry for the late reply. What do you mean with you fixed it? Did you regained access to that single file? Or did you solve the issue once and for all?
To which owner did you change it.