Looking for something equivalent to a Fractal Design R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkman

Patron
Not sure if this should go here, or in Hardware...

I have a FreeNAS server with eight (8) 3TB HDDs, and two (2) SSDs in a Cooler Master RC690 II case. It's been working very well so far, but as a 2009/2010 era case it lacks some features, like easily removable for cleaning dust filters, and is a bit larger than I'd like for the number of drives.

Reading around the forums it seems like the Fractal Design R5 would be a perfect replacement, holds my existing number of drives, has the easier to handle dust filters, and is more attractive (I prefer the plain black monolith look). Unfortunately, they seem to be pretty rare now, and the next gen R6 does not hold as many drives.

Can anyone recommend something that is similar to the R5?

Thanks!

m0nkey_

MVP
The R6 can hold as many. You just need to get some more drive trays for it.

SavageAUS

Patron
Not sure if this should go here, or in Hardware...

I have a FreeNAS server with eight (8) 3TB HDDs, and two (2) SSDs in a Cooler Master RC690 II case. It's been working very well so far, but as a 2009/2010 era case it lacks some features, like easily removable for cleaning dust filters, and is a bit larger than I'd like for the number of drives.

Reading around the forums it seems like the Fractal Design R5 would be a perfect replacement, holds my existing number of drives, has the easier to handle dust filters, and is more attractive (I prefer the plain black monolith look). Unfortunately, they seem to be pretty rare now, and the next gen R6 does not hold as many drives.

Can anyone recommend something that is similar to the R5?

Thanks!
I purchased an R5 about a month or two ago from my local MSY. Not sure where you are if you have MSY there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.