Looking for Home Server chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex98234

Dabbler
Hi there,

Recently my Home Server chassis got damaged in transport. Fortunately all the hardware survived but I am in need of a new chassis. I was using a Fractal Define R5.

My requirements are:
- Support for 8x HDD and 2x SSD
- Support for ATX motherboard and PSU
- Dust filters
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Sound deadening (not required, but nice to have)

rivey

Contributor
Why not check the Fractal Define R6. Meets all requirements and you are already familiar with the Fractal products. That is what I will be getting for my server.

Evertb1

Guru
I was using a Fractal Define R5.
While the R6 is an excellent case it has one disadavantage on the R5. It offers only 6 trays for HDU's. There is a free 5.25 bay that could be used as well ofcourse. Personaly I would like to try a build with the Silverstone CS380B. It does not posess the simple elegance of the R5/6 but is not hard on the eyes and I expect it to be very nice for a home server.

rivey

Contributor
While the R6 is an excellent case it has one disadavantage on the R5. It offers only 6 trays for HDU's. There is a free 5.25 bay that could be used as well ofcourse. Personaly I would like to try a build with the Silverstone CS380B. It does not posess the simple elegance of the R5/6 but is not hard on the eyes and I expect it to be very nice for a home server.

You can actually fit up to 11 3.5" hard drives by buying extra hard drive sleds from Fractal Design. There is also 4 additional options for 2.5" SSD drives. The additional sleds are available from Newegg. This is the reason that I will soon be ordering this case for my server to replace the POS case I currently have it in.

Check this link on YouTube. This is mentioned at about 10:14 into the review.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You can also buy a R5 on eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.