Login lock-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridian

Dabbler
Hi,

Sometimes when I open the login page, I get the default login form boxes, but the "Page loading" icon continues indefinitely and I never see popup box with the login inputs. If I enter my login to the initial inputs, it will successfully log me in, but the next page where it tries to load all the controls just seems to hang and sit there.

Once this has started occurring, it keeps on happening, and I seem to need to reboot the NAS in order to clear the problem. Is there some option somewhere I may not have configured correctly for this?

Forgot to mention, this is FreeNAS 9.3.0

Regards,
Rob.

peridian

Dabbler
FreeNAS 9.3.0 STABLE (Jan 2015)

CPU: Intel G3220 3.0GHz
M/B: Asus H87I-Plus
RAM: 16Gb

Let me know if you need anything else?

Regards,
Rob.

D

dlavigne

Anything related in /var/log/messages? Could it be some sort of networking/DNS loop on the network?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
FreeNAS 9.3.0 STABLE (Jan 2015)

CPU: Intel G3220 3.0GHz
M/B: Asus H87I-Plus
RAM: 16Gb

Let me know if you need anything else?

Regards,
Rob.

Aww.. that's too bad. Good CPU, bad choice of motherboard. :( Can't do ECC on that board.

peridian

Dabbler
Just responded to that other thread. Made the point there that the achilles heel for me appears to be ECC RAM.

I'm not sure I could have gotten a board at the time that I bought all this that would have met my needs. I originally paid more attention to SATA and NIC ports, but I was adament on building a bunch of Mini-ITX systems.

Looking around, there are only a few (seems to be mainly ASRock) mini-ITX boards around that support ECC RAM, and they're about twice as much as the ones I bought and have only recently been released.

I think ultimately I'm going to have to swap the boards/memory out. Possibly I'll just buy the complete replacements for the boards, RAM, and CPU, and just haul the whole existing kit out of the cases. Perhaps build a bunch of small media PCs or family desktops. Though I've bought all my family tablets, so not sure they need these anymore....

Regards,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.