LL - how to setup API Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
LL comes with a Good Reads API Key that seems to be able to query author by name, but then fail getting the info for the author.

Ex:
2014-06-07 11:35:12 INFO Unable to match Suzanne Collins in GoodReads database
2014-06-07 11:35:12 INFO [Suzanne Collins] Processing info for authorID: 153394
2014-06-07 11:35:12 INFO Found author: Suzanne Collins with GoodReads-id: 153394

But moreover I added a Google Books API key (that I setup in labs and generated for all referrers) and in LL, I set the Book Search API to Google Books but it seems to ignore that and keeps using Good Reads and failing.

Is LL just not up to working properly yet?

v 2.1

marcevan

Patron
Just checked and there's no way it's ready for primetime. Should not have been put into the available plugins as of yet.

Say, is there a vetting process for getting plugins out there?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just package up the programs I support to the best of my ability. its the programs fault if it doesn't work as it's supposed to. I don't test the stuff I don't use, so thanks for telling me of this programs quality.

you can request they remove LL from the freenas repo but the pbi I submitted can be updated indefinitely regardless of if the program is stable or not so I'd ask you occasionally update your install to see if they made the code stable enough.

marcevan

Patron
Thanks, and I appreciate the work you put into freenas. Truly.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks, and I appreciate the work you put into freenas. Truly.
welcome, glad the community here is involved with testing and understanding when things aren't 100% ready

Status
Not open for further replies.