Listen Queue Overflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanVanVan

Patron
A few nights ago I started getting emails with 161 lines of:
freenas.local kernel log messages:
> sonewconn: pcb 0xfffffe01b31ceab8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already in queue awaiting acceptance (2 occurrences)
> sonewconn: pcb 0xfffffe01b31ceab8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already in queue awaiting acceptance (2 occurrences)
This is happening all of a sudden after I haven't changed anything with FreeNAS for a few months, and my server has been up and running for over a year.

I found this thread from last year: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freenas-9-2-error-listen-queue-overflow.17774/

and the following bug report (that I can't view cause I'm not registered I guess):

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/3983

I can't view the bug report but the thread (and bug report title indicate that it's a 9.2 problem), I'm not sure if it's been fixed in 9.3. But I'm currently running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501241715.

My motherboard has an Intel network chipset: Intel® 82579LM and 82574L, 2x Gigabit LAN ports.

Is this still just the same bug? Anything else I can do to stop it or fix it?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

That bug indicates this workaround:

Add a sysctl for:

kern.ipc.somaxconn

Try 1024 as a value and walk up from there. Everytime you change it you'll have to restart your plugins.

P.S. Not sure when the bug tracker started requiring a login to view tickets. I've asked the sysadmin to look at it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
P.S. Not sure when the bug tracker started requiring a login to view tickets. I've asked the sysadmin to look at it.

I thought it was on purpose. It's been doing that since around last week and seems to have coincided with the new priority names (nice to have, no priority, etc.). Update, I assume?

D

dlavigne

I hope it's not on purpose as it's a real PITA. Still waiting to hear back.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

EvanVanVan

Patron
I hope it's not on purpose as it's a real PITA. Still waiting to hear back.
And instead of me being able to see/find the workaround myself I ended up needing to post a thread and bother you for it :/ It wouldn't be as bad if my forum account worked for it (which I did tried), but it doesn't.

Thanks for the fix BTW.

EvanVanVan

Patron
That bug indicates this workaround:

Add a sysctl for:

kern.ipc.somaxconn

Try 1024 as a value and walk up from there. Everytime you change it you'll have to restart your plugins.

Yeah it's still happening at 1024. Should I double it to 2048, 4096, etc? or just raise it some random number and it doesn't matter?

EvanVanVan

Patron
I tried 2048 yesterday, and still got an email this morning But idk if the errors occurred before it went into effect, so I'm going to give it another day before upping it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.