link_elf_lookup_symbol: missing symbol hash table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdoering

Cadet
Ok, I'd like to preface this by saying I have searched the forums and haven't found anyone with a similar issue.

I am having an issue where the console shows the following error on a regular basis:
Code:
link_elf_lookup_symbol: missing symbol hash table

I have FreeNAS-8.2-ALPHA-r9392-x64 running on:
Dell PowerEdge 2850
- Dual 3.4GHz Xeon Processors
- 16GB DDR2 PC2-3200 ECC Registered RAM (New and fully Memtest86+ tested to identify early failure)
- FreeNAS occupies a 73GB Seagate Cheetah SCSI drive in slot 0
- volume1 (ZFS RAIDZ2) resides on 8 2TB SATA drives in an external enclosure connected via 2 eSATA cables to a Silicon Image 3132 based PCIe controller
- volume2 (ZFS RAIDZ2) resides on 5 73GB SCSI drives in slots 1-5

I have adjusted the vm.kmem_size and vm.kmem_size_max to 15GB in /boot/loader.conf as I was experiencing "kmem_malloc: kmem_map too small" kernel panics while transferring large files to the system. However I was also seeing the link_elf_lookup_symbol errors prior to the above change.

This error was also occurring prior to my using the bleeding edge nightly builds.... So I know it's not because I'm using a nightly/Alpha...

Anyone experience this or perhaps are just more versed in FreeBSD and might have a clue as to what may be causing it? Google suggested that perhaps nvidia_load="YES" may be in /boot/loader.conf however I have checked every line in my /boot/loader.conf and confirmed there is no presence of this option.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need information wise in order to help with this issue.

mdoering

Cadet
"Bueller....? Bueller....?"

"link_elf_lookup_symbol: missing symbol hash table occurs because.... Anyone...? Anyone...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.