lectd 1111 - - timeout collecting disk temperature PROXMOX h710 d1 mini it mode DELL R720xd

stefgrifon

Cadet
Hello,

I have installed the truenas on proxmox. i have given the h710 d1 mini (it mode) with the whole frontbackplan.
It worked fine 3 weeks now, but the last days the truenass freezes and i receive this message.
lectd 1111 - - timeout collecting disk temperature

The temperature of disks is perfect but i think truenas can not collect these because i have changed the firmware of h710 d1mini and lsi 9207-4i4e ( i have installed there the proxmox)

Can somebody help me ?
Thank a lot,
Stefanos

stefgrifon

Cadet
Hello again,

If you can not help me please can you tell me who can advise me on that matter?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Perhaps you could be a bit clearer about how you are passing through the HBA exactly.

The temperature of disks is perfect but i think truenas can not collect these
Where are you seeing that? (if TrueNAS can't collect it)

You could also be more liberal with your supply of information about the entire build so we might be able to notice other issues which may contribute.

stefgrifon

Cadet
Perhaps you could be a bit clearer about how you are passing through the HBA exactly.

Where are you seeing that? (if TrueNAS can't collect it)

You could also be more liberal with your supply of information about the entire build so we might be able to notice other issues which may contribute.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.

I found it here:

if i restart the virtual machine it works normally afterwards, then two hours afterwards i receive this message and the vm works but i cannot connect to the truenas.

Please tell me which details you will need in order to clear this problem?

stefgrifon

Cadet
Hello again,

I will try to explain better here.

I have been using PCI passthrough. I have passthrough totally the raid controller "H710 D1 MINI (it mode)" with all the drivers attached to the TrueNAS on VM.
So, only the TrueNAS VM can have access to h710 d1 mini (it mode), i can'T uset with another VM.

1654694732865.png

I have not using at all hardware raid on the server.
I made flash on "H710 D1 MINI" with this tutorial https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html and with this card "LSI 9207-4i4e SAS HBA 6Gbps PCI-E 3.0 P20 IT Mode for ZFS FreeNAS unRAID" i use in order to boot with Proxmox.

Thank you
Stefanos