ldap config rootbinddn not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndboost

Explorer
So i have freenas 9.2.1.5 point to a win2k12 server which is acting as an ldap server.

If i fillout rootbinddn and the password ldap breaks for all users on the nas except for root. To prove this, i ssh'd in as root, ran getent passwd and i saw all the ad users.

Doing the same thing as the local user admin on the nas, returns only local users. if i run `sudo getent passwd` all users from ad are returned.

after a bit of troubleshooting i discovered that if i manually edit /usr/local/etc/nss_ldap.conf and remove rootbinddn line, and add in the appropriate binddn, bindpw lines then all local users can run getent passwd and all of the appropriate gid and uid information works as expected. This includes ad users being able to ssh into the nas and access both afp and cifs shares.

I've mostly got the workaround working, but it requires me to have to edit this file each time i restart the service.

Do we know if this is a known bug, or if im missing some sort of configuration?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I would put a ticket in and explain your situation and how you fix it and let the developers decide what to do.

But, if you want the change to be persistent you may have problems because that file is auto-generated on bootup IIRC.

ndboost

Explorer
alright I'll do a bit more draft work and submit an issue. yeah it's auto generates anytime the directory services is restarted, which is a bummer but at least it's working for now.

I'm testing this on 9.2.1.6-beta as there's another issue which is similar that might correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.