Just made a FreeNAS system but there is no Admin account user showing up, does this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been able to do all the setup that I have needed to so far without access issues but I am concerned that I have done something wrong because there is no Admin User under Accounts as was shown in one of the vids for freenas during setup. The video showed it after setting up a static IP and you relog into freenas via the static IP addy but when I did it still had no Admin User and was wondering if that was going to be an issue down the road or not.

Thanks for any help!
freenasSS3.jpg

D

dlavigne

That account was removed in 9.2.0. From http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/What's_New_in_9.2.0:

The built-in admin user account is no longer used and Account → Admin Account has been removed. The first time the FreeNAS® graphical interface is accessed, a pop-up menu will prompt for the root password. Subsequent logins to the graphical interface will require this password.

Thanks! I'll try to work on my forum/doc searching skills to prevent this kind of question later lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.