Jumpcloud integration

BlindOracle

Cadet
Dear community,

I've been spending some days now, trying to integrate Jumpcloud's LDAP-as-a-service on FreeNAS (Version 11.3-U3) and I simply fail...

I have been following this guide: https://support.jumpcloud.com/suppo...pclouds-ldap-as-a-service-2019-08-21-10-36-47

But noticed that after importing Godaddy's RootCA I can't select it in the LDAP certificate section, it simply doesn't show up, nor can I select TLS as encryption method.
Have already been debugging on the JC side, but requests from my NAS won't show up yet because there's no valid connection method.
So, did anyone succeed on this already?

Thanks very much in advance
Blind

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you import the GoDaddy Root CA as a certificate or as a CA?

BlindOracle

Cadet
An import of a certificate is only possible with private key. So, and according to the article, I imported as CA. :smile:

Samuel Tai

OK, then do you have a certificate for the far end, and a GoDaddy certificate for your system? This is standard PKI mechanics to set up an SSL tunnel.

BlindOracle

Cadet
Hi there.
Thanks for your reply.
Did you ever read the article I referred to? There is written to install the RootCA from GoDaddy and use it to connect to Jumpcloud's LDAP service.
That does not work for me.

Samuel Tai

The instructions seem to be missing this step. They only import the CA, but not the certificate for ldap.jumpcloud.com. This should be the cert used in step 3, which you'll need to import as a regular certificate, not a CA.

Samuel Tai

Either that, or you need install a GoDaddy cert for your own system and use that as the cert in step 3.