Java + VNC + JDownloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RaveAngel

Good evening.

I want to add the possibility of downloading through JDownloader to the features of my new FreeNAS. :cool:
My inquest resulted in installing JRE and simulating an X server via VNC... And that there's no java for BSD 8 and I have to get 1.6.0 for BSD 7 started... so I'm curious now if here's someone who successfully installed a JD-like downloadmanager on his FreeNas? :)

Regards
Mario

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Mario,

I was just briefly discussing this with someone else and also wish I could do this. When I have more time this is something I might try to get working, but if anyone else has any ideas before then I'd be happy to hear them also.

R

RaveAngel

I read about the plans of changing FreeNAS from BSD to Debian... Is this still in planning? This would make it so easy... ;)

ProtoSD

MVP
Well, I have just successfully got JDownloader to work with FreeNAS 8.01RC2 using a chroot environment and having it display to my Windows 7 computer running Cygwin-X server. It was a little bit tricky and I'll be happy to post a HowTo once I am able to successfully recreate my steps. I can post the steps and probably zip the chroot environment for download (AMD64 only) which would make it even easier to setup. I'll make an announcement here when I post the HowTo.

Status
Not open for further replies.