Java error on Serviio startup in a Freenas Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig1047

Dabbler
Hi all,
Don't know if this is a freenas issue or not, so I'm trying multiple forums. I have serviio set up in a Freenas jail (9.2.1.6). All was working fine. I shut down my NAS when I went away, and when I came back, freenas boots up fine but Serviio won't start. (Shame on me for going on vacation!). The log is telling me that Java won't start "Java Error - Network is down". The Jail has an IP address and is pingable. Stopping and starting the jail has no effect. Is is possible that the application is starting before the Jail is fully running (seems unlikely)? I'm thinking that there is some sort of race condition. Would delaying the app startup help?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could rule out the startup issue by trying to start serviio from the commandline. I'm guessing 'service serviio start' would give some clues.

also freebsd init scripts have a require networking option, so the scripts waits till the network is available. the port maintainer probably already did this though.

Fig1047

Dabbler
Thanks JPR. That gave me a clue (unmatched "). I had some bad syntax in my rc.conf file, which I was able to fix. Working fine now.

jayhawk81

Cadet
Thanks. I ended up running serviio inside an Ubuntu virtual machine via my virtualbox jail. It runs great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.