Java 64bit in crashplan jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauricioU

Explorer
D

dlavigne

What error do you get when you try to install openjdk via either the pkg or the port?

scrappy

Patron
Looks like 64-Bit Linux compatibility was added to FreeBSD 10.3, so FreeNAS 9.10 or newer /should/ be capable of running 64-Bit code in Linux emulation I would think.

Several forum members (myself included) have given up entirely on using the Crashplan plugin as it regularly breaks when CP updates. It's a whole lot easier to run Crashplan in a Linux VM

MauricioU

Explorer
What error do you get when you try to install openjdk via either the pkg or the port?

No error, everything installed smoothly and is running smoothly. I only want to be able to allocate MORE RAM than the RAM limitations in place in a 32 bit environment.

Looks like 64-Bit Linux compatibility was added to FreeBSD 10.3, so FreeNAS 9.10 or newer /should/ be capable of running 64-Bit code in Linux emulation I would think.

Several forum members (myself included) have given up entirely on using the Crashplan plugin as it regularly breaks when CP updates. It's a whole lot easier to run Crashplan in a Linux VM

Yeahhh and by the looks of it, crashplan just changed their business strategy and will no longer offer Home accounts...lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.