Jails stopped working after upgrading router

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamiFrankc

Dabbler
Hello, today we upgraded our internet at home and we got a new router. I was not at home while they did this and they turned off my FreeNAS server(but I dont think this is the cause of the problem), and we got a new router.

I had fixed IP addresses for my jails before( like 192.168.3 and so on), and by default this router starts giving IPs at 192.168.254.254.
Now my jails are inaccessible and are acting weirdly, I suspect that there may be a network problem with them? I tried to set them to DHCP but it did not work.
Jails that I installed after the problem are working properly(Subsonic is the one I tried with)
Jails can't be turned on, and their icon is not working.
upload_2018-7-26_2-13-0.png

And here, these time outs are making me think there is a network problem. (192.168.254.10 is the FreeNAS server)
upload_2018-7-26_2-13-51.png

How can I fix this? Thanks

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You'll have to edit /etc/resolv.conf in each jail and update it with your new default gateway address. Also you will ahve to change the IP address of each jail to be within the new subnet of your network. After you do restart each jail,not the plugins, and then the plugins should work again.

An easier way would be to change the router's subnet address to match what it used to be prior to the router change.

Status
Not open for further replies.