Jails or Virtual Machine?

Hey guys... wondering which is better to implement... A VM running Ubuntu 18.04 server to run SabNZBs, Sonarr, MySQL (or MariaDB), couchpotato... and an additional jail running nextcloud, OR, create a jail and run all of those applications from within a single jail?

Specs are:
HP ML350 Gen8, dual E5-2390 V2s, 96GB RAM (48GB per processor), I forget the make of the SAS card flashed to run in HBA mode driving 4 8TB drives...

I ask, because im having some weird SQL issue where it seems that on occasion, my SQL freezes or drops or something (i havent tracked down what the cause is yet as im not 100% sure how to proceed... Ive a thread on that in a different part of this forum)...

As I understand it, the jails would allow me to direct write to the disks asnd skip the network overhead used when a VM handles those things... My guess is that this, in conjunction with the jails using the RAM they need rather than the RAM assigned to them will probably mean jails are better to run... but, is it better to bundle everything into 1 jail, or several (if that is the better of the options)...

sretalla