SOLVED jails i don't remember i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hello, in my active volumes, under the jail volume i see two jails i don't see in the jail section.
- jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-amd64
-jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-amd64-pluginjail

are those needed for the other jails, or are those leftover jails from when i began testing them?
if so can i delete them or not?

also, before i installed the plex pbi, i did it the previous method.
as i didn't need the older version anymore, i deleted the old plex dataset, before deleting, the jail.
now i can't delete it in jail anymore, because the dataset doesn't exist; Cano someone help with a workaround?

Many thanks in advance

D

dlavigne

Those are the templates used to create jails and should be left as-is.

The jail for the deleted dataset needs to be removed from the config database which requires some SQL-fu. Sorry, don't know the exact command.

Dusan

Guru
The jail for the deleted dataset needs to be removed from the config database which requires some SQL-fu. Sorry, don't know the exact command.
I don't think this is FreeNAS config.db related. This seems to be a problem with warden. I reproduced the problem in a VM (create jail, delete the jail filesystem, try to delete the jail) and I can get rid of the phantom jail by deleting directory [jail root]/.[jail_name].meta
Let's assume your jail root is /mnt/tank/jails (you can check this in Jails/Configuration) and the phantom jail name is Plex. To remove the jail you need to remove directory /mnt/tank/jails/.Plex.meta (rm -rf /mnt/tank/jails/.Plex.meta).

[EDIT: Note: I did check the config DB, but there is no relevant table. Warden isn't using the DB anyway. It seems it keeps the information about jails in the .meta directories.]

Status
Not open for further replies.