Jail Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not new to freenas although I am new to freenas 9. I have been running the old version I believe it was 0.78 or something. Anyway I finally upgrade because of the plugins. I run sab, couchpoato and sickbeard on one box. It would be nice if I could get these running on freenas. I don't quite understand what IP address i'm suppose to put in the configuration and what exactly are they for? I use the same IP just different port numbers. Is it not the same here? For example say my freenas box is 192.168.0.1 in the configuration I put 192.168.0.130-134. Now should I be using the IP of the freenas box along with the port number or one of IP addresses I put in the configuration? I have tried both an neither work. I cannot get to the setup page so I was thinking I would have to modify the config files on couchpotato and so far.

D

dlavigne

Those 3 apps are available via Plugins (which does all the jail configuration for you), so that may be an easier method to meet your needs.

There's a lot to both Plugins and Jails, so it's well worth skimming through both of those chapters in the 9.1.1 PDF of the Guide which is available from the download page of the FreeNAS website (assuming you are running 9.1.1).

I do have the plugin for them and I'm running 9.1.2. The only thing I'm confused about is the jails, configuration. I'll take a look at the documents see what I can gather. Thanks!

grendel69

Dabbler
The Jail works like a VM. One thing to be aware of is that the jail seems to start at the next available IP not the first you specify in config. Looking at your config try 192.168.0.131.

It also depends on how you installed your plugins, to get them all in the same jail you need to use the upload plugin button on the jails tab, if you install from the plugins tab they will all get separate jails.

The Jail works like a VM. One thing to be aware of is that the jail seems to start at the next available IP not the first you specify in config. Looking at your config try 192.168.0.131.

It also depends on how you installed your plugins, to get them all in the same jail you need to use the upload plugin button on the jails tab, if you install from the plugins tab they will all get separate jails.

That was it grendel69. I'll have to redo them so I get them all on one jail. What you said about that ip address worked. Thanks!!

Wyl

Explorer
I don't want to have to remember different IP address. I rather have different port numbers which is how I have my sabserver setup now.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't want to have to remember different IP address. I rather have different port numbers which is how I have my sabserver setup now.

That's what "bookmarks" are for.

PieEater3142

Dabbler
Hi there, is there a solution for this? I would like to have cp, sick and sab all on one IP on different ports as well

raidflex

Guru
Hi there, is there a solution for this? I would like to have cp, sick and sab all on one IP on different ports as well

Just setup a new Jail as a plugin jail and use the upload plugin option to install cp, sick and sab into that one jail. Then they will all share one IP and you can just forward ports in your router if external access is needed.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just setup a new Jail as a plugin jail and use the upload plugin option to install cp, sick and sab into that one jail. Then they will all share one IP and you can just forward ports in your router if external access is needed.

Which was the answer a month ago from grendel69. Not sure why we are discussing the same topic all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.