Jail and Plugin Disappeared - How Can I Recover Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothian

Dabbler
Hi, I had a problem where my router was not giving out the right DNS entry for my NAS so I rebooted it. When it came back up, my Plex jail was gone. poof. The storage for it is still there, but the plugin list gives me an error "list index out of range" when I try to look at installed plugins and the Jails list is completely empty. I can still identify the storage in the iocage dataset and I initiated a snapshot to try to protect myself from messing up further. Is there a way for me to get my Plex plugin back? Or if not, to create a new one and recover the data from the storage allocated? Perhaps I need to create a share on the dataset and access it from there. Oh one important thing, this is FreeNAS 11.2. I had created a new plugin after upgrading and migrated my data to it. So this is not one of the old jails. I thought this would be the safest move.

I tried adding one more plugin (qBittorrent) and the install went fine, but I still have the index error when trying to view my plugins and the jail list is still empty. Also, the management web page for qBittorrent is functional.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lothian

Dabbler
Well I seem to have fixed it up. I backed up the configuration and then restored it and the missing jails came back. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.