Issues with PCI passthrough

scuzzynate

Cadet
Greetings -

Probably kind of a noob question - but I'm running TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.4.2 and am receiving the following error when attempting to pass through a PCI device to a VM (Nvidia RTX 2060).
errorvm.png

IOMMU and VT-d are both enabled.
Screenshot_20231022_174259.png

Device is being recognized by the operating system, as well as the other GPU (I heard that truenas requires a separate host video adapter for whatever reason).
lspci.png

Attempted isolating the GPU as well, per https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaletutorials/systemsettings/advanced/managegpuscale/.
isolatedgpu.png

Am I missing something obvious here, or does anybody have a solution?

ChaosFenix

Cadet
I ran into this same issue and found a workaround that worked for me. What happened for me is that when I was adding the GPU through the "Edit" menu it was adding 3 PCI devices into the devices list each time I tried and the device order for all 3 was set to 1002 which is what was already assigned to my NIC. I deleted the PCI devices Truenas was adding and I no longer got the error when trying to add the GPU in the "Edit" menu however it was still adding duplicates of that 1002 device order. I removed them from the devices list again and manually added my GPU on an open device order and it seems to be recognized. I am still troubleshooting getting it properly recognized in my windows VM but this may help you get started.

ChaosFenix

Cadet
ok for myself I have done more troubleshooting as the GPU doesn't work properly in my VM. come to find out there are multiple pci devices in the IOMMU group and one of those is not being passed through in my case. The VGA adapter, audio device, and USB controller are properly being passed through to the VM but there is another device that is "0000:83:00.3: Not Available by 'Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]'". When I add the gpu through the edit screen I get the same error you get and when I try to pass through this device individually it also gives the same error.