Issues having when trying to copy my BD.iso files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Milyard

Patron
I keep getting errors when trying to copy my BD.iso files from my Windows 8 box to my FreeNAS server. I have a dataset Media with a Blu-Ray folder. When I copy files I am getting this error from windows:

You need persmission to perform this action

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Type: File folder

And seeing this error on the FreeNAS box:

Nov 1 21:42:10 freenas smbd[23413]: [2014/11/01 21:42:10.858861, 0] ../source3/rpc_server/svcctl/srv_svcctl_nt.c:326(_svcctl_OpenServiceW)
Nov 1 21:42:41 freenas smbd[23413]: _svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptor_svcctl_OpenServiceW: Failed to get a valid security descriptorreceive_smb_raw_talloc failed for client ipv4:10.0.1.7:6254 read error = NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Sounds like botched permissions. I'd recommend you reconfigure them, at least for the affected shares.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Even though you tried to specify a single file as the problem, I'll bet it's any file you try to copy to that FreeNAS directory from that computer/user account.

Ray Milyard

Patron
Even though you tried to specify a single file as the problem, I'll bet it's any file you try to copy to that FreeNAS directory from that computer/user account.

You guys have any idea as how can fix it? I have root/wheel and all boxes checked for permissions.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have no idea if you are using active directory or not which makes a huge difference and I cannot help if that is the case.

If not then you can just tell FreeNAS to allow guest access to your share (under Shares)

Ray Milyard

Patron
I have no idea if you are using active directory or not which makes a huge difference and I cannot help if that is the case.

If not then you can just tell FreeNAS to allow guest access to your share (under Shares)

No AD. I have it set to allow guest access. I can create folders/file in the share. It's just when I try to copy over new files I created with DVDFab right now.

joeschmuck

Old Man
No AD. I have it set to allow guest access. I can create folders/file in the share. It's just when I try to copy over new files I created with DVDFab right now.
ONLY new files? So you can copy over a file into the same FreeNAS share without issue if it's some other file?

Ray Milyard

Patron
ONLY new files? So you can copy over a file into the same FreeNAS share without issue if it's some other file?

My older .iso files I copied over from my Windows box. It just these new ones that I can tell that having issues.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Another questions... List your hardware and which FreeNAS version are you running.
Does the transfer start and fail during the transfer? If so, how long into the transfer?
Are these new files larger than the older files (meaning DVD vs. BluRay)?

Ray Milyard

Patron
Another questions... List your hardware and which FreeNAS version are you running.
Does the transfer start and fail during the transfer? If so, how long into the transfer?
Are these new files larger than the older files (meaning DVD vs. BluRay)?

Hardware I don't think would be an issue. I had all this working in the past. I switched over to bigger drives and basically rebuilt the server same way I did before.

The xfer rate is around 100mb. Getting good rates. The file will get all the way to end of the copy. 0k left to copy then get the error.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hardware I don't think would be an issue. I had all this working in the past. I switched over to bigger drives and basically rebuilt the server same way I did before.

The xfer rate is around 100mb. Getting good rates. The file will get all the way to end of the copy. 0k left to copy then get the error.
One thing I can tell you is it's not a permissions issue.

You might not think it's a hardware thing but it certainly sounds like it could be or it could be a software issue but since I have no idea what version of FreeNAS you are running, I can't offer you any more advice.

You also need to be thinking that not all hardware lasts forever. You may have some issue you are overlooking such as the NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.