Issues accessing CIFS share from OSx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes Neary

Cadet
All,

Hopefully one of you can shed some light on an issue i am experiencing. I setup freenas a couple of weeks ago. All was working fine although recently i have noticed an issue that appears to be getting worse.

When accessing a CIFS share 'nas' from windows machines the shares operate as expected with full read write. When mounting the share in OSx it mounts correctly and can read/write files fine.

The issue occurs seemingly randomly, on some occasions when viewing the shares files and folders in OSx the files are locked and when attempting to delete or edit the files i get the following error message repeated in the freeness console over and over.

nas01 winbindd[2312]: sam_rids_to_names: possile deadlock - trying to lookup SID S-1-5-21-2927382225-4261320482-2029303037.

In OSx It complains about the user not having permission for the file, however the same credential is used to authenticate on both OS X and windows.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What version of FreeNAS are you using?

Wes Neary

Cadet
Apologies for late reply. The web console is not showing any update available and the bug still exists.

rogerh

Guru
Apologies for late reply. The web console is not showing any update available and the bug still exists.
It may or may not be anything to do with your problem, but there is a 201506292332 update around. You could download the manual update file (ending in .txz) from http://download.freenas.org/latest/latest/x64/ and update manually through the GUI if you wanted to. Or you could try to find out why your system isn't noticing the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.