Issue with Plex shares

Lorne

Dabbler
I have repurposed my old desktop as a NAS with Truenas core using several old drives with no raid. SMB and NFS shares are working and I can see everything from Windows and Android devices. I installed plex and mounted 7 folders all in the same pool, and as far as I can tell all have the same setup for user, group and permissions however only 6 are visible to devices trying to connect to plex. I have attached a screen shot of the mounts and what I see if I click 'Manage' from the plex plugin screen. I have tried a couple of fixes from searching the forum including 'setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc:fd:allow /mnt/Media/Photos' and setting permission from a Windows computer but nothing seems to give plex permission to read the photos folder but it has no problem with the other 6. Note that the 6 visible folders all worked straight away despite me setting up all 7 at the same time in the same way. I have not set up ACL on any folder share but since 6 are working that should not be an issue. Plex is Version: 14.2.0.3. Truenas was the latest available when downloaded 2 weeks ago.

This is my first attempt at setting up a NAS device so I am lost - any ideas what I am missing ?

Attachments

• MountPoints.jpg
    MountPoints.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 96
  • VisibleShares.jpg
    VisibleShares.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 97

Lorne

Dabbler
OK - now I am very confused. I switched everything off, had some lunch, watched some TV, worked up the courage to have another go and immediately saw that folder Z:\iocage\jails\Plex\root\media\Photos was now populated with data (previously it was empty) and now it is all working !

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Perhaps Plex was taking awhile to index things...?