iscsiadm - no portals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoKlinger

Cadet
Hello everybody,

I recently downgraded from Corral to 9.10 (I did a reinstallation). I had an iSCSI share on Corral which I connected to Virt-Manager.
I tried to set it up again but at some point I must have failed. When I use iscsiadm, I could find FreeNAS with the port but when I try to discover the portals I get a message that there are no portals.

I configured a portal in the web-gui and I also configured the initiators (ALL), the targets and the extends.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me which tools FreeNAS uses in the background for iSCSI?

Regards,
Nico

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
In background FreeNAS uses ctld(8) daemon to receive iSCSI connections and configure ctl(4) subsystem to process requests.

Have you also associated targets with extents?

NicoKlinger

Cadet
Yes I did that.
Thanks for the information. I will use the tools to get more information about my problem and post them here.

NicoKlinger

Cadet
I found my error. I made a mistake at the initiator network field.
Unfortunately I have a new problem. I could connect to the iSCSI share but Virt-Manager reports that there are 0 Gb free of 0GB.

NicoKlinger

Cadet
After I created a seccond zvol and shared it via iscsi, virt-manager reports the correct size.

Thanks for your help mav

Status
Not open for further replies.