iSCSI File Extents - client systems not seeing changes made by eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilacerated

Dabbler
FreeNAS n00b here. i recently ditched my two D-Link DNS-323's and setup my first FreeNAS box using the HDD's i had in them. everything is smooth with the exception being that changes made to my audio and video File Extents from one machine do not appear to another until that system either is rebooted or the Targets are disconnected from/reconnected to via the iSCSI Initiator.

this is my first time working with iSCSI so any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

tropic

Dabbler
Providing a single extent to multiple clients without some sort of locking management is a bad idea. You're begging for data loss. Try CIFS, FTP, etc., to share data for multiple network clients.

Tekkie

Patron
Please read the documentation on what iSCSI is and how it works because as tropic said you are going to shoot your foot of...

dilacerated

Dabbler
tropic/tekkie --> thanks for the replies. i initially went with CIFS but then went to iSCSI after i read this. while that blog post mentioned "They only have one computer accessing this information. This is what made this whole venture feasible." i didn't see a note either there, here or elsewhere saying that any more than one client without having some sort of locking management involved is likely to cause disaster but now i know. back to CIFS with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.