iSCSI + CIFS from ZFS raidz1 Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmirage

Dabbler
I am currently running

FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC2-amd64 (7813)

I have a raidz1 array containing 6x500GB drives. From these drives I have a 500GB volume setup to share to my ESXi sever via iSCSI. The remainder of the space I have shared out via CIFS to PC's on my network.

Everything seemed to be fine since i set it all up a few days ago. Today I was copying about 15GB of files from my desktop to the CIFS share and it errored out. Could no longer reach that CIFS share.

I checked it on another PC and sure enough I could not reach the share on the network. My freenas box is up and running i can still access the GUI. I then checked on the iSCSI target. From my ESXi box it appears to be down, which really stinks since there were two active windows VM's running off that iSCSI target.

Going through the GUI, I see zero indication that anything is wrong. There doesn't seem to be any indication that any services have stopped or anything of the sort. As such I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting this. I could understand if it wasn't working at all, in that case I would assume I probably mis configured something but its been running fine for at least 2 days no suddenly its down?

I have the Freenas box sending its logs out to my syslog sever and only irregular entery I saw looked like it had to do with the iSCSI service (istgt ??) and the message was "TASK ABORTED"

I'd greatly appreciate any advice any of you might have.

*EDIT*

Just realized "sharing" may be a more appropriate place for this thread please feel free to move it if so

snowmirage

Dabbler
I tried to restart the box it and it seems to crash on shut down

IMG_20110930_172538.jpg

From that It seems some process (probably related to iSCSI and/or CIFS?) crashed?

after waiting about 15 min I finally gave up and hard reset the box. On boot I saw several messages fly about about drives / volumes that failed to unmount properly. But after it finished loading I could access the iSCSI and CIFS shares again.

Status
Not open for further replies.