iSCSI Chap Authentication Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed FreeNAS 8.01 RC2 and having issues getting Chap authentictaion working. If I set authentication to none I can connect just fine. I have tried Chap, Mutual with no resole yet. This is running on VMware 4.01. The only messages I see in the logs are:

Sep 30 23:32:02 freenas istgt[25845]: istgt_iscsi.c:1618:istgt_iscsi_auth_params: ***ERROR*** auth failed (user iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:rwfn5110.rwf.local)
Sep 30 23:32:02 freenas istgt[25845]: istgt_iscsi.c:2408:istgt_iscsi_op_login: ***ERROR*** iscsi_auth_params() failed

And yes, I have double checked passwords.

Any ideas?

Robert

Milkwerm

Dabbler
I set up a chap protected iSCSI share today. MS initiator on 2003, not ESXi, but i got the same errors simply because my password didnt meet the requirments the MS software wanted. I changed from a password to a pass phrase (added complexity) then it connected up just fine. Just try a longer/better password in FN when you setup the target.

I set up a chap protected iSCSI share today. MS initiator on 2003, not ESXi, but i got the same errors simply because my password didnt meet the requirments the MS software wanted. I changed from a password to a pass phrase (added complexity) then it connected up just fine. Just try a longer/better password in FN when you setup the target.

Thanks for your reply. I think I ran across that as well. My problem was I had not realized that I needed to specify the iSCSI Initiator name from the connecting host.. DUH... and of course that you need to ensure that you click on the advanced button and set all the needed details. One more thing to note is that you need to do those same steps when attached your LUN(S).

Robert

Bui Ninh

Cadet
I have the same problem with owner threat, some one known how to fix this problem please help me to resolve them.
Thanks of all your helps.
I'm Vietnammese so I'm sorry about any mistake in my post

Status
Not open for further replies.