Is there a way to have MiniDLNA encode video to MPEG2 on-the-fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TremorAcePV

Explorer
Hi,

The title is the question along with the one below.

I have a Direct TV Receiver (Model: HR44), and it won't play any video that's not in MPEG-2 format.

All my video is in AVI, MP4, or MKV format.

If MiniDLNA can't do it, is there a plugin that can?

Thanks,
Vitalius.

TremorAcePV

Explorer
Would it be better for me to look for a different plugin for this or will MiniDLNA do it?

TremorAcePV

Explorer
After doing some research, I found a basic how-to guide to installing and running Servio. However, it was from over 3 years ago. I also found one that is from January of this year.

I'm stuck at a point where it says to turn on SSH and use PuTTy to connect to the server via SSH, but it won't let me connect. I've tried various permissions/groups/setting altering things, but haven't been able to succeed at getting it to connect.

I tried reading the wiki for FreeNAS involving SSH, but it didn't help much.

Am I on the right track, or did I find something completely irrelevant to how it's installed today? Help is appreciated.

TremorAcePV

Explorer

TremorAcePV

Explorer
Yeah, we're working on fixing the format of the HTML docs so that that improves.

I tried following the guide when I have time, but I got lost pretty quickly.

Code:
By default, ssh access is not configured for the Plugins Jail and it can only be accessed through Shell.
To configure ssh access, perform the following within the Plugins Jail.
First, add the following line to /etc/rc.conf:
sshd_enable="YES"

Ok. How do I go about doing that? That's probably my entire problem, right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.