Is there a General TrueNAS tutorial/course anywhere.

kd7vea

Cadet
I have been playing with TruNAS/FreeNas for a few years now. We run a few TruNAS appliances at work for storage, but now I have a TrueNAS core server at home that I have been using for storage, and to run a few VMs. I am now setting up a TrueNAS Scale server and looking at all of the options of what I can do with it. I will be hosting a few website VMs on it, and of course some shares, but I tried setting up a VM on it, and it is failing. I went back and changed a few options and still haven't gotten the VMs to run properly (Ubuntu 20.04 fails during installation). This got me thinking, I would love to find a good course that could walk me through from initial setup, what are VDEVS, ZVOL...and just give me everything I need to know to not have to guess my way through things. Are there any good video courses out there, kind of a TrueNAS 101?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

kd7vea

Cadet
Thanks, I'll check that out. I don't know if I need to be a pro, but I just want to have a little better understanding of how it all plays together.