Is one jail for two volume possible in using Plex Plugin?

saikee

Explorer
I have run a satisfactory service from my FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 with just one volume for several years. Now I need to have another volume to store only the photos and music. The second volume has been set up and the files have been copied. My main application is the Plex Plugin using one jail of Plexmediaserver_1.

I am seeking advice for the following:

(1) Can one use one jail to access two datasets each from a separate volume?

I can add a new jail to point to the second volume as source but its destination always go back to the first volume. There is a configuration option for me to select the jail root but that appears applicable to all the jails. Thus it does not seem possible to have one jail picking files from two volumes. Is this true?

(2) Can one install multiple Plex Plugins using one plugin for one volume?

I need advice on this route as I cannot afford to have the original Plexmediaserver overwritten.

Thanks for your help and any advicee to overcome the above.

Code:
System hardware
ASUS Prime X399A
Ryzen 1900
64GB Ram
Boot drive 2x64GB USB
1st Vol 5x8TB HDD Seagate Ironwolf, RAIDZ1
2nd Vol 5x1TB SSD  KingSpec, RAIDZ1
Onboard AMD X399 chip set Sata III controller (6 ports)+one generic Sata III controller (6 ports)+one generic Sata III controller (4 ports)
IntelEthernet controller I211-AT

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
(1) Can one use one jail to access two datasets each from a separate volume?
Yes, of course. The destination will in any case appear inside the jail, which remains on the first volume.

saikee

Explorer
When I tried it the error is

Code:
This shouldn't happen, but the jail could not be found

This is the result when I use the same jail for two sources off two volumes.

saikee

Explorer
Sorry, I manage to put it in /usr to overcome the above error. So it is all good. Thanks a lot.

What I am doing is to leave the large video files in hdd of Volume 1 and the personal photos and music in the ssd Volume 2, thinking the later is safer against corruption. In any case my first volume is getting a bit full therefore offloading some of its contents should help.